As the world is progressing toward embracing digital technologies, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning have taken the lead to revolutionise the entire buyer's journey. Digital marketers across the globe are now leveraging the power of this cutting-edge technology to gather valuable data and customer insights and formulate strategies that would best fit the business's needs.
There's no denying that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are indispensable in formulating strategies for the future. In this post, we shall depict a clear picture of digital media's future in the age where these technologies are expected to revamp the entire digital landscape.
So, let’s dig deep!
How Will AI Transform the Future of Digital Marketing?
The term Artificial Intelligence describes the capability of machines to mimic the cognitive functions of humans, such as learning and problem-solving abilities.
The machine attempts to understand the essence of intelligence and produce a new intelligent machine, having the ability to think, respond, and perform tasks based on data fed into its system.
Artificial Intelligence is continually becoming more advanced. Its flawless ability to collect and analyse data and provide a tailor-made buying experience to customers across all age groups has lured digital marketers worldwide. E-commerce giant Amazon and Spotify also leverage the power of AI to provide custom product recommendations to their users.
Here's how AI is Revolutionising Digital Marketing
1. Recognise and Analyse - Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a business strategy that helps establish a customer-centric approach by collecting useful user information.
The use of CRM, AI, and Big Data can maximise the user data collection from various platforms, gain detailed insights for target customers, and identify their needs. This will help marketers come up with an accurate marketing strategy for users across all demography.
2. AI-Powered Chatbots - The development of AI semantic recognition, language processing and voice conversion technology has taken customer service to the next level. When compared with manual customer service, AI chatbots have a lot on offer.
AI chatbots are now helping businesses to transform their customer service from one-to-one to one-to-many. Through AI-powered chatbots, the agents can provide support to several customers and in different time zones. Moreover, these high-tech chatbots can answer customer queries 24/7, thereby improving customer experience.
3. Email Marketing - This is probably one of the most noteworthy advantages of email marketing. AI is now helping brands personalise email marketing campaigns based on the behaviour of the users. This means that marketers are now able to send emails triggered by certain actions from the user's end.
This means they can deliver relevant emails with subject lines and product recommendations based on the data collected. This doesn't here; AI can also help in optimising email campaigns to maximise ROI.
4. Digital Advertising - Unarguably, digital advertising is successfully leveraging AI. Facebook, Google, and Instagram have long been using this technology to provide the best user experience. The platforms analyse the user information, including but not limited to gender, age, interests, and demographics, for improving digital advertisements' performance.
Marketers are also using AI to spot and predict trends and devise strategies based on those. They are also taking strategic decisions concerning the ad budget and target demography.
5. Marketing Content - With AI, marketers can easily decipher the type of content that is most effective. They can easily analyse the behaviour of the target customers and utilise the data in their content marketing endeavours to get the desired result.
For instance, more than 40% of the netizens now trust video contents the most. This means it’s now the second most effective form of content marketing.
Now that you know how AI is transforming digital media, let’s now see how ML is taking the game forward.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine Learning (Ml) is a subset of AI that is strategically used to improve Artificial Intelligence's efficiency. It involves feeding a machine with information, which it analyses to predict trends and patterns.
As this process keeps continuing, the machine teaches itself an algorithm to improve the insights gained from the data it was provided with.
ML is now a trend in digital marketing due to its efficacy. Here are four ways in which it can boost digital marketing endeavours.
1. Personalisation - Customers the days prefer brands that communicate directly with them. According to a study, 52% of the customers are likely to switch brands if the company is reluctant to make any effort on personalisation.
ML helps in communicating the right message at the right time. This may be an email tailored with content that they might be interested in or product recommendations that they might like to buy.
2. Optimised Content - The power of ML can be leveraged to curate content that will better resonate with your target audience. A wide array of ML-powered tools are available that will help you write the perfect email subject line, a Facebook post, or a catchy ad copy.
ML can also be used for A/B testing to gain a deeper insight into those customers seeking to learn more about the product/ service or the content curated. ML gives the provision to experiment with every email, article headline or paid social media ads to narrow down on the best ones.
3. Smart Bidding - There is no doubt that Pay Per Click (PPC) is the most data-driven marketing channel. PPC executives and managers often spend hours analysing massive datasets to gain meaningful insights. Machine Learning is now stepping up the game by helping ad professionals analyse those vast data sets in a short time interval.
So, it's evident that digital media will progress hand-in-hand with AI-ML. The need to analyse huge data sets and consumer behaviour will further accelerate the need for these technologies in the digital ecospace. Do share your thoughts in the comment section and let us know if you have any further points to add concerning the importance of AI-ML in digital marketing.